|FAIR TRADE: VERY USEFUL WEBSITES
|FAIRTRADE LABELLING ORGANISATION (FLO) NETWORK
FAIR TRADE ORGANIZATIONS IN THE UNITED STATES
FAIR TRADE FEDERATION (FTF)
- Incorporated in 1994, the FTF is an active member of the WFTO. It is the trade association that strengthens and
promotes North American organizations 100 percent committed to Fair Trade.
FAIR TRADE USA
- FT/USA – formerly known as TransFair USA – is a non-profit organization and the leading third-party certifier of
Fair Trade products in the USA. The organization audits and certifies transactions between US companies and
their international suppliers.
- The US Fair Trade Certified Label, shown at top left, differs from that used by other WFTO members.
FAIR WORLD PROJECT
- Fair World Project (FWP) is an independent campaign of the Organic Consumers Association which seeks to
protect the use of the term “fair trade” in the marketplace, expand markets for authentic fair trade, educate
consumers about key issues in trade and agriculture, advocate for policies leading to a just economy, and facilitate
collaborative relationships to create true system change.
FAIR TRADE ORGANIZATIONS IN EUROPE
DUTCH ASSOCIATION OF WORLD SHOPS (DAWS)
- The first Dutch World Shop (Wereldwinkel) opened in 1969 in Breukelen in the province of Utrecht. Today, world
shops in the Netherlands number close to 400 with over 12,000 volunteers across the country.
- DAWS is a member of the World Fair Trade Organization (WFTO).
- Help artisans and small producers in poor countries improve their income through selling their products.
EUROPEAN FAIR TRADE ASSOCIATION (EFTA)
- An association of ten Fair Trade importers in nine European countries: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy,
the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.
- After its informal beginning in 1987 by some of the oldest and largest Fair Trade importers, the association gained
formal status in 1990.
FAIR TRADE FACTS AND FIGURES
Fair Trade USA 2015 Almanac (PDF File)
Fair Trade: A Success Story for Producers and Consumers (PDF File)
by Mark Boonman et.al., prepared on behalf of the Dutch Association of Worldshops (DAWS), published by the
European Fair Trade Association (EFTA), 2010. 22.214.171.124
WFTO Annual Report 2015
WHERE TO BUY FAIR TRADE PRODUCTS
Online Fair Trade Shops
Fair Trade USA Licensed Partners
Fairtrade America Certified Products
DISCLAIMER: Links to other websites are provided for informational purposes only. Rosaliene Bacchus is not responsible
for the information contained in articles and sites nor should it be construed that Rosaliene Bacchus endorses the views
|COPYRIGHT © 2006-2017 rosalienebacchus.com. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
THIS PAGE WAS LAST UPDATED ON: 13 APRIL 2017
WEB SITE DESIGNED WITH YAHOO! SITEBUILDER BY ROSALIENE BACCHUS
The Fairtrade Labelling Organisation (FLO), with headquarters in Germany, is part of the network of
Fair Trade organizations – including the WFTO – that works together to promote fairer trade. Their 25
members worldwide produce or promote products that carry the Fairtrade Certification Mark (shown on
the left). These members include three producer networks, 24 national Fair Trade organizations, five
marketing organizations, and two applicant members. See Map of producer networks.