|CARIBBEAN COMMUNITY (CARICOM)
VERY USEFUL WEBSITES FOR TRADE AND INVESTMENT
DISCLAIMER: Links to other websites are provided for informational purposes only. Rosaliene Bacchus is not responsible
for the information contained in articles and sites nor should it be construed that Rosaliene Bacchus endorses the views
|COPYRIGHT © 2006-2021 rosalienebacchus.com. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
THIS PAGE WAS LAST UPDATED ON: 10 JANUARY 2020
WEB SITE DESIGNED WITH YAHOO! SITEBUILDER BY ROSALIENE BACCHUS
CARICOM BILATERAL TRADE AGREEMENTS
CARICOM has bilateral trade agreements (link not active as at 02/06/19) with the following countries:
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- United States of America
Caribbean Basin Trade Partnership Act (CBTPA)
Caribbean Trade Reference Centre (CTRC)
- Developed by the OAS Foreign Trade Information System (SICE) and the Canadian International Development
Agency (CIDA) to facilitate access to and disseminate information on Caribbean trade.
- Provides Trade Information Databases (TID) – trade policy documents, articles, studies, and other related information
– on the following 14 CARICOM Member States: Antigua and Barbuda, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica,
Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, and
Trinidad and Tobago.
CARIFORUM-EU Economic Partnership Agreement (ACP)
- Provides links to factsheets and the full text of the EPA.
Generalized System of Preferences (GSP)
CARICOM MEMBERSHIP ON REGIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL FORUMS
Organization of American States (OAS)
- Founded in April 1948 when 21 nations in the western hemisphere met in Colombia to affirm their commitment to
common goals and respect for each nation’s sovereignty.
- Today, all 35 independent countries of the Americas belong to the Organization. Cuba remains a member but is
excluded from participation since 1962. The Members comprise of Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Barbados,
Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El
Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru,
St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, The Bahamas, Trinidad and Tobago,
United States, Uruguay, and Venezuela.
- Plays important role in expanding trade at the national, bilateral and multilateral levels for boosting growth, job
generation, and economic integration.
The Secretariat of the African, Caribbean and Pacific Group of States (ACP)
- Created in 1975 with the signing of the Georgetown Agreement, establishing a partnership between the ACP
Member States and the European Union.
- Member States aim to work together towards peace and stability, the eradication of poverty, sustainable development
and increase competitiveness for gradual integration into the world economy, and to act as a unified political entity in
CARIBBEAN FORUMS OVERSEAS FOR THE PROMOTION OF TRADE AND INVESTMENT
Caribbean American Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CACCI)
- Founded in New York in 1985 to provide services to Caribbean business owners in the New York area and to
promote trade and investment services between the USA, the Caribbean Region, and the international community.
- Offers information on trade and investment opportunities in the Caribbean Region.
CLIMATE CHANGE IN THE CARIBBEAN
DOING BUSINESS WITH CARICOM
World Bank Doing Business 2020 Report
- Doing business in small island developing states;
- Doing business by country;
- Doing business by topic: starting a business, dealing with licenses, employing workers, registering property, getting
credit, protecting investors, transparency, paying taxes, trading across borders, infrastructure, enforcing contracts,
and closing a business.
Rosaliene's debut novel, Under the Tamarind Tree, is now available for sale. Learn more.